One might think that the Cuban cities have had all the same features since its founding. The evolution of each one of them, they respond not only to a long process of acculturation to which were submitted, but the characteristics of its evolution and growth, sometimes spontaneously, and then by city ordinances allowed each town had its own regularities. After the Triumph of the Revolution, the Institutes of Physical Planning, undertook the task of reordering the cities according to their specific characteristics. The first Cuban villas, are concentrated around the main square, the seat of civil authority, military, and religious, and in which the city develops later, as construction techniques evolve in the construction of housing and public works. After making the orders of King Felipe II, all new cities take on a regular route. The city of Nueva Gerona, for example, after the original layout Engineer Alejo Helvetius Lanier, between 1848-1852 is an example of a regular track, which during the late nineteenth and early twentieth century, growing at random in the peripheries of Distribution July 26.
But there is a time of great dispersion in the samples of homes that were built between the late nineteenth century, and even the 20s, the twentieth century. The growth of jobs and the freeing of slaves, given the need for a growth in housing construction. The petty bourgeoisie Industrial, withdraws from major cities such centers, and begin to settle in suburbs, where increased land speculation for years, urban infrastructure construction, mainly in search of potable water, sewer and emerging mass graves, as well as roads, motor transport and cars, and then electricity.